Mission and Functions of The Cayman Islands Government Office UK:
Established in 1982, the Cayman Islands Government Office in the UK works to:
- Support the extension of all Cayman Islands Government activities in the United Kingdom and Europe.
- Act as a contact point for and provide consular services to Caymanians (especially Caymanian students) and other stakeholders in the United Kingdom and Europe.
- Promote a better economic, social, cultural and political understanding of the Cayman Islands.
- Gather and disseminate information.
- Develop and maintain strategic links.
- Facilitate inward investment opportunities by seeking out and providing accurate information to potential investors.
- Represent the Cayman Islands in the United Kingdom Overseas Territories Association (UKOTA), the EU Overseas Countries and Territories Association (EU OCTA), and at other official or ceremonial events.
- Improve and strengthen the country’s position – politically, economically, and commercially – within the United Kingdom and the European Union.
The immediate plans for the office are to develop and broaden the connection with the Cayman Islands and the UK and EU, along with the following objectives:
- Promote the Cayman Islands within the UK and EU.
- Create wider opportunities for Caymanian students.
- Create opportunities and identify synergies within the UK civil service for the benefit of the Cayman Islands.
Eric Bush, JP
Chief Officer of the Ministry of Investment, Innovation and Social Development (MIISA)