Mission and Functions of the London Office
Established in 1982, the Cayman Islands Government Office in the UK works to:
- Support the extension of all Cayman Islands Government activities in the United Kingdom and Europe.
- Act as a contact point for and provide consular services to Caymanians (especially Caymanian students) and other stakeholders in the United Kingdom and Europe.
- Promote a better economic, social, cultural and political understanding of the Cayman Islands.
- Gather and disseminate information.
- Develop and maintain strategic links.
- Facilitate inward investment opportunities by seeking out and providing accurate information to potential investors.
- Represent the Cayman Islands in the United Kingdom Overseas Territories Association (UKOTA), the EU Overseas Countries and Territories Association (EU OCTA), and at other official or ceremonial events.
- Improve and strengthen the country’s position – politically, economically, and commercially – within the United Kingdom and the European Union.
The immediate plans for the office are to develop and broaden the connection with the Cayman Islands and the UK and EU, along with the following objectives:
- Promote the Cayman Islands within the UK and EU.
- Create wider opportunities for Caymanian students.
- Create opportunities and identify synergies within the UK civil service for the benefit of the Cayman Islands.
The CIGO UK Team
The Cayman Islands Government Office could not function without a strong team of dedicated officers, all of whom bring something to the diverse workforce at the Office in London.
Cayman Islands Representative
As a qualified attorney; a civil servant with experience in public policy development and a degree in Sociology; a past Gender Equality Tribunal member; and a former Human Rights Committee member, Mr. Ebanks’ experience and qualifications make him the ideal candidate for the role of Representative to the UK and Europe.
Charles Parchment is the Cayman Islands Government Office Deputy Representative. Prior to joining the office, Charles lead the Cayman Islands Investment Bureau in London and comes from a background of International Political Affairs. Charles’ role includes direct support to the Cayman Islands Representative, political engagement, supporting the Overseas Countries and Territories Association (OCTA) and United Kingdom Overseas Territories Association (UKOTA.)
Rahat Siddiqi is the CIGO-UK Business Manager responsible for the office’s operational and commercial activities. Rahat has over 30 years’ experience of international trade & investment both in the UK and overseas. He has worked as a British Diplomat in the Middle East and Asia.
Assistant Representative, Consular
Denison Miller leads the consular activities of the Cayman Islands Government Office in the UK and is your point of contact visa and passport enquiries. Denison has been with the London Office for over ten years and has held many responsibilities in the office including OCTA innovation Manager, UKOTA secretariat, Acting Deputy Representative, and Accounts and Office Manager.
Assistant Representative, Culture
Born and raised in Cayman, Phillippa has been with the Cayman Islands Government Office in the UK since May 2015, her invaluable services to the office include promoting Caymanian cultural projects in the UK, Human Resources, leading administrational functions and ensuring office activities and events run smoothly. Phillippa comes from a background of Human Resources, and prior to joining CIGO Phillippa held a position as HR Manager at the Maritime Authority of the Cayman Islands.
Eric Bush, JP
Chief Officer of the Ministry of International Trade, Investment Aviation and Maritime Affairs