The Cayman Islands Department of Tourism (CIDOT) in the UK is made up of a team of five staff members. (Currently four as we are recruiting the fifth!) The team are all professional and dynamic marketers and specialists who support the CIDOT global mission and the Cayman Islands Tourism brand.
CIDOT is responsible for developing business to business (B2B) opportunities primarily in the UK & Ireland (due to direct airlift with British Airways) as well as in the ‘Secondary markets’ of Continental Europe whilst always researching opportunities for the rest of the world, outside of North America and LATAM which are geographical areas handled by other CIDOT offices.
January 2018 UPDATE
- Our first ever television advert performed well reaching over 56,000 highlly targeted households through Sky TV’s Adsmart profiling. Similarly, the impact and reach delivery for the advertising campaign we ran on the London Underground network was doubled thanks to the addition of Victoria and Waterloo. The ads were seen by over 3 million people an average of 12.7 times during the two-week period.
- We have been working with British Airways Holidays to promote their January sale,with sale prices offering savings in excess of £200pp including flights and accommodation in the Cayman Islands. We’ve supported the sale with Facebook advertising, social media posts and dedicated newsletters to our database.
- We are in the process of updating our print advertising creative for 2018. As a result our advertising agency are currently conducting market research on our behalf to determine the most popular creative option.
- The new global website is currently being developed with a launch date of May 2018. It will have a fresh look and feel with easily navigable pages and extensive information about visiting the Cayman Islands. Meanwhile our regional site www.visitcaymanislands.com is still fully functional.
- As a result of extensive outreach and trade re-engagement, we now have more tour operators and travel agents than ever selling the Cayman Islands as a holiday destination. The latest edition is Fleewinter, a boutique travel agency specialising in luxury villas and boutique hotels. A member of their product team joined a familiarisation trip to Cayman at the end of last year to experience the islands first hand.
- Richard Trasler (Marketing Executive for CIDOT UK) performed the first ever travel agent training via Facebook Live. The training was hosted in conjunction with Online Travel Training (OTT), a platform that hosts destination training for travel agents. The training was extremely well-received with over 1,000 views.
- As part of a partnership with luxury travel magazine Suitcase, the Cayman Islands was featured in their islands issue. The magazine also ran a competition to give away a holiday for two to the Cayman Islands in exchange for database information.
- We have produced an adventure film to showcase the soft adventure activity options available in Cayman. The trip was seen through the eyes of an influencer who documented her experiences via social media. The film will be promoted via social media, our newsletter and on our website. See video below…